Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Princess from Another Planet by Mindy Schanback {Book Review}

Princess from Another Planet
Book: Princess from Another Planet 
Author: Mindy Schanback
Category: Fiction, YA Fantasy/Sci-Fi

This is the story of Gracie Wright whose mother claims that she's a Queen from the planet Pannadeu. This planet has been destroyed by the Maluxiads. The mum, and a small number of residents from Pannadeu escaped and got sucked in to earth. Mum gets married to an earthling and produces two heirs. And yes, this makes our protagonist a princess. When the Maluxiads heard that they're on earth, they decide to go too and destroy them (because they don't like to leave things unfinished). There was also the sub-plot of switching places with a rich cousin in order to attend an exclusive camp.


Review: I like YA. I like Sci-Fi/Fantasy. If you put those two together, I'm usually in reading heaven. But, even though the premise of this book appealed to me to start with, I slowly lost interest, as I couldn't shake off my nagging disbelief in some of the characters and the plot. I don't usually like writing negative reviews, that's why I don't do them. But, since I've committed to a reading log here, and I'm committed to telling you exactly what I thought when I read something... I might have to get used to writing such feedback. After all, I can't possibly like everything I read, right? But, I still encourage you to check out other reviews of the same book. Others might have a different viewpoint.

Studio Notes Rating: 2/5 | { Buy at Amazon } | { Buy at Fishpond }

READ: January 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment